Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Upgrade Training Course
|ONLINE live courses are now available. The course fee includes Thornley Group Black Belt certification. Candidates who attend either our online or classroom-based courses are eligible to take the optional NZOQ or IASSC Black Belt Certification exam online.|
|5 days of classroom instruction; or 8 x 2.5 hours of online classes, plus 20 hours of study using video lessons, worksheets and quizzes.|
Thornley Group’s Black Belt upgrade training provides extensive Lean Six Sigma training in project implementation and leadership. The course builds on the central DMAIC and Lean principles but primarily focuses on team and project management skills, as well as advanced statistical tools and data management. Online training for our Black Belt upgrade program requires an additional 20 hours of personal study, consisting of video reviews, problem worksheets and retention quizzes.
From $1,700 plus GSTAll major credit cards accepted
Lean and Six Sigma are process improvement methodologies designed to deliver business goals and objectives more effectively and efficiently. Combining the two disciplines eliminates organisational waste, increases the value of products and reduces variation in production. Lean Six Sigma takes a customer-centric approach to business, delivering rapid improvements in both performance and profitability.
Thornley Group Black Belt training is conducted by professional trainers who are experienced as senior managers and Lean Six Sigma practitioners. After completing training, candidates will be equipped with detailed knowledge of how to apply Lean Six Sigma in their organisation to deliver structure process improvement projects. The Black Belt Upgrade course is designed to follow on from the Green Belt course and all candidates must be Green Belt certified prior to attending.
Prior to taking the NZOQ or IASSC exam, candidates can use their course manual and our online testing to undertake a further 40 hours of personal study. The additional material allows you to study all subjects right up to your exam date. Access is also provided to a further 16 hours of video-based training after course completion.
- Course Manual
- Thornley Group exam fee included
- Online practice exam
- 6 months support for project work (26 hours of email and phone-based support)
- Access to our supplementary online Lean training
- Online resources and templates
- NZOQ or IASSC exam optional
Our Black Belt upgrade training provides all the information candidates need to lead projects and implement Lean Six Sigma. The course builds on the DMAIC and Lean principles at the core of these methodologies, but provides extensive training and focus on advanced statistical tools, data management and project management skills.
Thornley Group Black Belt training is aimed at professionals who oversee business improvement projects and have a responsibility for managing improvement teams.
Course instructors use their practical Lean Six Sigma experience, along with simulations and exercises, to take candidates through the process of applying the tools and techniques learned during training.
- Black Belt candidates must have completed Green Belt training prior to attending this course. Green Belt certifications will be verified prior to attendance. Candidates who have received their training from other organisations are welcome to attend. But, due to inadequate coverage from some training organisations, we cannot guarantee that your prior certification is adequate for the Black Belt exam.
- Candidates require knowledge of algebra and must be familiar with analysing numerical data, such as through Green Belt training.
- It is recommended that Black Belt candidates have the authority to undertake a process improvement project in their organisation. This project should offer significant cost savings, defect reduction or have some other customer impact. Where it is not possible for candidates to take part in a project, Thornley Group will provide a simulation case study.