Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Upgrade
|ONLINE live courses now available. After attending either our online course or one of our classroom-based courses, candidates will be eligible to take the optional IASSC Black Belt certification exam online, at a convenient time after course completion. After successfully passing the exam, certification will be awarded.|
|5 days classroom or 4 x 5 hours online (plus 20 hours personal work including video, worksheets and quizzes).|
Our Black Belt training provides all that is required for Lean Six Sigma implementation and project leadership. Whilst building on the central DMAIC and Lean principles, the focus is on team and project management along with advanced statistical tools and data management. The online training option requires an additional 20 hours of personal study in addition to the attendance at the online sessions. This consists of a review of the video from each session, completing problem worksheets and taking quizzes.
From $1,700 plus GSTAll major credit cards accepted
Thornley Group Black Belt training is carried out by professional trainers who are experienced as senior management practitioners in both Six-Sigma and Lean. After completion of the training, you will have a detailed knowledge of how to apply the learning and you will be able to deliver significant benefits in a structured way.. This course is designed to follow on from the Green Belt.
Prior to taking the exam, there is a further 40 hours of study using your course manual and our online testing which will enable you to study all the subject areas, in a structured way, right up to your exam date. Access is also provided to our online video-based training that provides a further 16 hours of study after attending the course.
- Course Manual
- Thornley Group exam fee included
- Online practice exam
- 6 months support for project work (26 hours of email and phone-based support)
- Access to our supplementary online Lean training
- Online resources and templates
- NZOQ or IASSC exam optional
Our Black Belt training provides all that is required for Lean Six Sigma implementation and project leadership. Whilst building on the central DMAIC and Lean principles, the focus is on team and project management along with advanced statistical tools and data management.
Thornley Group Black Belt training is targeted at people who run business improvement projects and/or have responsibility for managing improvement teams. After attending the course and passing the IASSC exam, a Black Belt certificate will be issued.
Using their practical experience of improvement programmes, along with simulation exercises, our trainers can take candidates through the process of applying the tools and techniques that they learn.
- Candidates must have been trained to Green Belt level prior to attending (this will require verification prior to attendance). Attendees who have been trained by other organisations may attend and take the exam but, due to the inadequate coverage seen in some training provider content, we cannot warrant that your training is adequate for the Black Belt Exam.
- Candidates must have a knowledge of algebra and be used to analysing numerical data (i.e. Green Belt).
- Candidates should ideally have the authority to work on a project in their organisation as this will improve the credibility with prospective employers. This should be a cost saving, defect reduction or other customer impact project.